Location on University Campus
Science Park 3, 6. Stock / 6th floor
Rooms S3 602 to S3 637
City Center / Train Station <=> University:
- We recommend to use the tram to get to the University, or back to the city center. Both lines 1 and 2 terminate at the tram station "Universität" and go straight through the city center to the train station, and further on to the other side of the city. A network route map is online at www.linzag.at/efa/plan/plmain.html.
- Tickets are valid for all trams and buses in the city area. A single way ticket, from any point to any other point, including line changes, is € 2.00 (MIDI ticket). A day pass is € 4.00 (MAXI ticket).
- Further information on public transportation: Linz AG Linien, www.linzag.at/linz/index_en.htm
Arrival by aeroplane:
- The closest airport is the Blue Danube Airport in Linz-Hörsching, located approx. 10 kilometers from the city center.
- The "Blue Danube Airport Lines" (Line No. 601) is a convenient way to get to the city center (or back). The bus stop at the Airport is in front of the arrival hall. Tickets are available in the bus (€ 2.80 single way, full price). A bus leaves every full hour, from 6 am to 7 pm. The complete timetable for the Blue Danube Airport Lines can be downloaded at www.linz-airport.at/www/export/sites/bda/galleries/download/fahrplaene/fahrplan.pdf.
- There is no bus line on sundays! You can use the free shuttle to the next train station in Hoersching (approx. 11 minutes by train from Hoersching to the train station in Linz) or take a taxi.
- Taxis are waiting directly in front of the arrival hall. Fares to the train station in Linz are approx. € 26 and to the city center € 31.
- Further information on the airport is available online at www.linz-airport.at/www/cm/en/index.html.
Arrival by train:
- ÖBB - Austrian National Railways. Further information and timetables can be found at www.oebb.at.
- Use tram line 1 or 2 from "Hauptbahnhof" to "Universität" (direction "Universität").
Arrival by car:
- From the direction of Salzburg and Vienna on the Westautobahn A1 motorway, from Linz junction on the Mühlkreisautobahn A7 motorway, direction Prague, Freistadt, exit Linz-Dornach.
- From the direction of Prague, Freistadt on the Mühlkreisautobahn A7 motorway, exit Linz-Dornach.
- From the direction of Regensburg, Passau on the Innkreisautobahn A8 motorway to the A1, from the Linz junction to the Mühlkreisautobahn A7 motorway, direction Prague, Freistadt, exit Linz-Dornach. Toll-free from the direction of Regensburg, Passau along the Danube on the B 127.
- Parking on Campus: Large parking lot, € 0.50 per half hour. Day passes are available at the institute's office on request.
- Parking in Linz: To make it easier to find a parking space, an automated parking guidance system has been set up. The City of Linz is divided into three zones: Urfahr (green), Downtown East (red) and Downtown West (yellow). Further information and a map of parking spaces is online at www.linz.at/english/5238.asp