Sitting Behavior during Office Work
Bakk-/Masterarbeit vom 13. December 2013; offen
Problem definition, Approach:
Identify/categorize patterns of sitting behavior
number of different persons using the chair?
for one person: how long did he/she work a certain day
how long sitting on the chair, absent, what activity?
Sitting posture database (~300GB data),
MySQL, 1 month, pressure + webcam images, accelerometer
Methodical analysis of pressure images (MATLAB+tools, etc.)
PCA, LDA, SOM, OSFM, feature vecture identifaction, etc.
- Framework for attention analysis, activity recognition
- "Attentional sitting", implicit application control
- Good knowledge/interest in Statistics, Mathematics
- Programming skills
- development of a user interface (in Matlab or standalone) to "play with data"
- Good command of English (understanding of related work; Thesis is preferred written in English)
- Typesetting using LaTeX (--> Miktex, TeXnicCenter) + BibTeX (-->Jabref)
- Start: flexible, as of now
- Estimated completion date: within 12 months
[Schindler2008] Konrad Schindler, Luc Van Gool, Beatrice de Gelder. Recognizing emotions expressed by body pose: A biologically inspired neural model, Neural Networks, 2008, pp. 20.
[Mota2002] Selena Mota. Automated Posture Analysis for Detecting Learners Affetcive State, Master thesis, MIT, 2002.
[Gunes2005] Hatice Gunes and Massimo Piccardi, Affect Recognition from Face and Body: Early Fusion vs. Late Fusion, in: Systems, Man and Cybernetics, 2005 IEEE International Conference on pp.7, 2005.
Contact: Andreas Riener